MedClivar 2016: Themes and Sessions
- The Mediterranean Regional Climate System. Understanding climate processes, feedbacks and interactions in the atmosphere, ocean, hydrosphere, biosphere, cryosphere, geosphere, extremes and hazards under climate change.
Conveners: Marta Marcos, Katrin Schroeder, Fabio D’Andrea
- Earth Observations and Climate Services in the Mediterranean region. Promoting integrated observational platforms and synergies with earth system models towards the development of Climate Services.
Conveners: Vassilis Amiridis, Vanesa Cardin, Silvio Gualdi
- Past climate evolution of the Mediterranean region including palaeo-reconstructions and simulations, recovery of long instrumental time series, evidences of climate shifts, trends and extremes.
Conveners: Juerg Luterbacher, Maria Triantaphyllou, Giovanni Zanchetta
- Assessment of climate change in the Mediterranean region and climate projections with focus on climate change impacts, options for adaptation and mitigation, decision support systems, stakeholders’ engagement.
Conveners: Joel Guiot, Gabriel Jordà, Andrea Toreti
- Climate and society in the Mediterranean region, considering multidisciplinary climate-environment-human societal systems, feedbacks and interactions, environmental pressures and responses, lessons for the future.
Conveners: John Haldon, Dominik Fleitmann, Vangelis Papathanassiou